Family Law Paralegal and/or Legal Assistant
Compensation: Salary, DOE
Employment Type: Full-Time
Established firm in the Northgate area focusing on family law seeks paralegal. Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Legal Assistant - A minimum of one year of experience as a family law legal assistant;
- Paralegal – A minimum of three years of experience as a family law legal assistant or paralegal;
- Proficiency with SupportCalc;
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of the Washington state court rules and procedures related to motions practice in family law;
- Experience with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Ability to work efficiently and interact in a positive manner with clients, attorneys and staff while under pressure.
- Client intake;
- Communicating with clients, opposing parties/counsel and third parties;
- Manage attorney’s calendar and deadlines;
- Draft correspondences and pleadings;
- Familiarity with local rules and procedures; and
- Filing with the courts.
Pay and benefits competitive and DOE. Interested applicants should submit their resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.